[prMac.com] San Francisco, California – WaterField today announces the Air Travel Backpack, a sophisticated, highly-portable carry-on luggage option for personal and professional travel, in time to satisfy pent-up summer travel demand. A dedicated, TSA-friendly office compartment for two MacBook Pros and other work necessities plus additional thoughtful details like lockable zippers, multiple carry options, and a height-adjustable sternum strap, set the Air Travel Backpack apart. In water-resistant ballistic nylon or waxed canvas with full-grain leather details, the elegant Air Backpack comfortably transports belongings from car, train, or plane to a nice hotel or straight to a business meeting.
“We designed a travel backpack that’s professional-looking, well-organized, and comfortable. I like wheelies, but I feel most nimble with my belongings on my back and my hands free,” said company owner Gary Waterfield. “Most of us need a travel backpack for walking through airports, hailing taxis, going to hotels, the not for trekking through the Amazon forest, so we don’t need cumbersome dangling hip straps either. The Air Backpack is ideal for vacations when you need your Apple devices along and for the work-from-anywhere lifestyle.”
The versatile Air Backpack offers multiple carry options. Foam and neoprene-padded backpack straps lined with breathable mesh wick away moisture and prevent clothing from wrinkling. A removable, height-adjustable, sternum strap attaches discreetly to the straps to balance heavier loads. For more formal settings, straps tuck away to convert the backpack into a suitcase-style bag, carried by a top or side leather-lined handle. (Stiff, lightweight plates under these handles prevent sagging and help maintain the bag’s clean shape.) When used as a secondary bag, the Air Backpack’s back panel slides over a wheeled suitcase handle.
A spacious clamshell-style compartment opens like a suitcase with dual zipper pulls, making it easy to pack. A gold, water-resistant, nylon ripstop liner lights up the interior and wipes clean easily. Two compression straps prevent clothing and other contents from sliding around and two large mesh pockets separate smaller items and keep them visible.
A dedicated office compartment incorporates two raised, padded pockets to protect two Apple MacBook Pros or a MacBook and iPad Pro, and it lies flat for TSA screening. Positioned in the rear of the bag, the devices remain secure with their weight balanced for comfort. Corner cut-outs permit laptop charging while the MacBook Pro remains protected inside its padded compartment, ideal for quick power-ups while waiting to board a plane. A mesh zippered pocket above the devices, easily accessible when the backpack stands upright on the ground, holds a power supply, cords, and other accessories off the bottom of the bag.
On the opposite side, a deep pocket stores the Apple AirPods Max in a WaterField Shield Case or the optional WaterField Air Caddy, a zippered pouch sized to fit an airline seat-back pocket that holds accessories air travelers need to access while seated. Additional pockets hold pens and other smaller items.
A full-length front panel divides into one large and one small pocket for frequently needed items such as an iPhone, glasses, tickets, and keys attached to the sewn-in key leash. A discreet zippered pocket, accessible from the top of the bag, keeps a passport, ID, or other items secure and quickly accessible. A water bottle pocket lies flat when empty and expands to fit up to a 3.5-inch diameter bottle. For added security, custom metal zipper pulls hook to a loop on the bag keeping them shut or can be locked together with a TSA-approved lock (not included).
Features at a glance:
* Three carry options: padded, moisture-wicking backpack straps that tuck away, leather-lined handles with stiffeners to keep bag’s shape, wheeled suitcase passthrough
* Sized to maximize allowable carryon space
* Height-adjustable, removable sternum strap to balance heavier loads
* Smooth-gliding waterproof zippers hook to the side of the bag for added security or can be locked together
* Front full-length, zipper-secured pocket divided into one large, one small pocket
* Discreet upper zippered pocket easily accessible when bag stands upright
* Water bottle pocket expands to fit 3.5-inch diameter bottle
* Gold, diamond-patterned rip-stop liner
* 1050 denier ballistic nylon or waxed canvas, each with full-grain leather accents
* Reinforced stitching at stress points
* Lies flat for TSA screening
* Padded laptop pocket with corner cut-outs for charging while inside the backpack
* Second padded laptop or tablet pocket
* Zippered, mesh, tech-accessory pocket
* Large open pocket for headphones or the WaterField Air Caddy in-flight accessory pouch
* Additional open pockets for pens and small items
* Two interior compression straps keep luggage contents in place
* Large zippered mesh pockets organize personal items and keep them visible
Colors and materials:
1050 denier black ballistic nylon with full-grain leather accents in black, blue, chocolate, or crimson. Tan waxed canvas with full-grain leather accents in chocolate. Custom lockable metal zipper pulls, waterproof zippers, gold rip-stop nylon lining.
* One size. 22.5 x 16 x 7.5 inches
Weight and volume:
* 3.9 lbs. (ballistic), 4.6 lbs. (canvas); 35 liters
Pricing and Availability
The WaterField Air Backpack is priced at $419 (USD). Preorder now. Shipping begins August 6. The new Air Travel Backpack joins the Air Porter, Air Duffel, and Air Caddy to complete the WaterField Air Collection.
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information is available on the company website at “Our Story.” Copyright (C)2021. All Rights Reserved. WaterField Designs, Air Travel Backpack, Air Porter, Air Duffel, Air Caddy, and SFbags are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
PR and Social Media Marketing
Facebook Profile: View
LinkedIn Profile: View