China is one of the four great ancient civilisations in the world. It is a huge country and has the world’s largest population of people. The country has a lot to offer. Whether you are a peace-seeker or an adventure enthusiast, China has something for everyone. To travel within a country of this size, one needs to plan the trip beforehand.
While you are creating the itinerary and travel plan, don’t forget to add travel insurance China to the list. While it is not mandatory to have a travel insurance policy to visit China, it is highly recommended for a range of reasons mentioned below.
Planning a trip to China involves extensive research. However, most travellers would agree that despite all the planning, something can always go wrong. Some examples of such incidents are accidents, injuries, lost baggage, flight cancellations, etc. Also, given the size of the country, a trip to China can take weeks, if not more. This increases the chances of such incidents.
Apart from the derailment in your travel plans, such incidents can also cost you a lot of money. This is where you need a travel insurance policy. While we recommend travellers buy a travel policy for all their trips, here are some reasons that you must consider investing in one before you visit China.
Importance of Buying Travel Insurance China
Here is the importance of travel insurance for a China trip:
- The epicentre of COVID-19
The COVID-19 virus that gripped the world for nearly two years originated in China. While the number of cases in China is in control, having an international travel medical insurance policy that offers protection against COVID and other diseases can help you manage the costs of treatment if you, unfortunately, get infected. Also, make sure that you are vaccinated with all available booster doses before commencing your trip to any international location.
- Safety concerns
China is the most populous country in the world. Hence, you can expect many people at airports and on the roads. Further, most people don’t follow traffic laws ardently. This increases the chances of an accident or mishap.
Also, contagious diseases can spread quickly in China due to its high population density. Hence, having a travel medical insurance policy that offers protection against medical expenses and other exigencies can help you handle such situations without denting your finances.
What Type of Travel Policy Should I Buy?
While there are different types of travel insurance plans offered by different insurers, here are some aspects that must be included in the policy you purchase:
- A comprehensive cover for accidents and sickness
- Coverage for the loss of baggage and delay in receiving checked-in bags too
- Personal liability cover
- Assistance during medical or other exigencies
- Automatic extensions of the policy term if you cannot come back for urgent reasons (as approved by the insurer)
- Coverage against COVID-19
- Coverage for trip cancellation or modification
Before buying the best travel insurance for China, shop around. There are many platforms that offer a tool that allows you to compare policies. While shortlisting travel insurance, compare various features, benefits, and premiums. This can help you find the best policy at an affordable price.
Common Exclusions of an International Travel Insurance Policy
- You will not get coverage if you are delayed due to being detained by customs or the police.
- If your passport is stolen and you do not report it to the police within 24 hours, then insurers might reject your claim for reimbursement of the replacement costs.
- If you travel against the advice of your doctor and fall ill in a foreign country, then you will not receive coverage against medical treatment for the same.
- Injuries sustained while participating in adventure sports are usually not covered under travel insurance plans.
- Under baggage insurance, travel policies do not cover the loss of phones, laptops, credit cards, or cash.
Important Details While Visiting China
Here are some important details about China:
- Address: 5, Liang Ma Qiao Bei Jie, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
- Contact Numbers: +86-10-85312500; +86-10-85312501; +86-10-85312502; +86-10-85312503
- Email: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
Major International Airports in China
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport
The official currency of China is the Yuan and Renminbi. The Renminbi is used as the medium of exchange.
When it comes to traditions and culture, China is one of the richest countries in the world. Indian tourists find the country particularly fascinating since it offers a range of experiences from endless rice fields to ancient cities and temples. Being an economic powerhouse, China also attracts a lot of business travellers from India and around the world.
While travelling to China, it is important to ensure that you are protected against medical and other travel-related emergencies by purchasing a travel insurance plan designed for China. With the right insurance plan, you can enjoy your time in China and come back with amazing memories.